24 February 2009

Update...




Shawn and I took Hunter to his 2 week appointment on Monday. He is looking really good. He is now 9lb 1 oz and in the 57% range for height and weight. Nothing really new to report for Hunter. As a family, we are doing great. We took family portraits yesterday, which we thought were going to be a disaster. Last time we took Ryan to take pictures he didn't want to do it. This time, he was great and all smiles. He is growing up so much and doing the cutest things ever. Whenever Hunter wakes up and starts to cry, Ryan runs to his crib and sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to him. Ryan also loves to hold him and feed him. I am truly blessed to have two wonderful boys.




Shawn is doing good too. He has quit smoking and now he doesn't have a choice because I won't let him buy any more packs of cigarettes. The reason why is because while out at the mall the other day we came across a booth selling electronic cigarettes. It is pretty much a fake cigarette that you smoke to get nicotine. He wanted one to help him quit smoking and to make me happy. The price of this thing was $150!! We weren't too sure about spending that type of money right now, but when you think of it, he spends that monthly on cartons of cigarettes. Since he really wanted it, I told him that if we spent that much money, he wasn't allowed to go out and buy any more packs even if the device didn't work for him. We can't afford to waste that much. So, he agreed and bought it. That was on Saturday and so far, so good. I am loving it too. The electronic cigarette gives him the satisfaction of a real cigarette, but without all the bad things I hate. No more kissing an ashtray. No more smelly clothes. No more worrying about second hand smoke for the kids and me. No more spending our money on cigarettes!!! It seems to be doing the trick to help him. Hopefully, no more smoking will help him with his running too.


No comments: