08 February 2009

Hunter Is Here!



Hunter Wayne was born Saturday (2/7/2009) at 9:53am. He was 8lb 10oz and 20.5 inches long. We are both home and doing well. We were able to get an early discharge and come home 24 hours after he was born. It was a much faster delivery experience than with Ryan. I started to get regular contractions about 3am and then after my water broke at 8:45am, it accelerated. We got to the hospital just in time. We were there for almost 40 mins before he was born. We were only in the delivery room less than 10 mins! So, I was not able to get any type of drugs for pain. Shawn laughs at the face I made when they told me I wouldn't be getting the drugs or epidural. Now, I can look back at it all and say I survived a natural birth with no drugs.
Since we've been home, Hunter is doing great. Shawn and I have been extra busy all week getting errands done and follow up appointments taken care of. My poor house looks horrible! Ryan is doing really well with Hunter. He wants to help with everything, but doesn't understand the gentle part yet. He is super cute when he holds Hunter. I love having two little boys!!

No comments: