26 January 2009

Update with Ryan and other stuff

Ryan is doing better. The cough seemed to disappear over the weekend. His chest doesn't have the crackling crap in it anymore. He actually got out today and ran almost 1/4 mile. We went up to the track with Shawn to get out of the house. Ryan and I were playing baseball while Shawn ran the track, but then Ryan saw Daddy running and wanted to run too. He almost ran a whole lap!! I think we may have a runner in the family. Even after all the running and playing, he was breathing good and not coughing.

All those creams the doctors gave him for his eczema seem to be working. All the rough red spots are gone, so now it's all about maintenance with it. Shawn and I just have to remember to put the cream on him morning and night. And, I'll admit, we've been bad about remembering the morning lotion since we are pretty much rushing every morning.

I know the rushing will get worse soon with another baby to get ready in the mornings. Shawn and I have been talking about moving back to Kirby to help me out. That'll cut out about 40 mins of my drive in the morning and save me time. I told him I don't mind living on base as long as I have his help with getting the kids ready in the morning to get out the house. Starting in May when I have my classes back at UTSA, I'll have to get myself showered and ready in the morning, get Hunter and Ryan both fed and dressed, then drive the 40 mins in morning traffic to Kirby to drop the kids off and then drive another 45 mins to UTSA. It's going to be lots of fun! We haven't made any decisions yet. I like the feeling of security on base, but I love the convenience of living near my parents. There is a house for rent behind my parents for only $890 a month. That's not bad considering we get $1240 a month for BAH. We aren't rushing because we can't do anything until we get our income tax back to help pay deposits.

As for me...I have been working my butt off to finish my classes early. I am taking two internet classes right now so that I will be ready to start my teaching sequence in the fall. One of the classes I am taking is all self-paced. Pretty much all we have to do is take 25 chapter tests. Over the past 3 days, I have done 18 of them. I am planning on finishing that class tomorrow. Then, I'll only have to worry about one class after Hunter is born. I just need Hunter to hurry up!! I was hoping all the walking at the track today would encourage Hunter to come now.

No comments: