22 January 2009

Ryan

I took Ryan to the doctor today to get his checked out for a terrible cough he's had for a while now. He has a ton of junk in his chest and sounds horrible when he breathes. The doctor ended up doing a breathing treatment on him to see if it would help and it did. But that wasn't fun at all. My poor baby cried when they put the oxygen mask thing on and the smoke started coming out. Luckily, he calmed down when they left the room and turned the cartoons on for him. He just wanted me to hold him the whole time, which I didn't mind. I wanted to hold him. The breathing treatment lasted about 10 mins and then we sat around for another 15 mins to see if his breathing improved. And it did!! So, the doctor sent us home with an inhaler. Since the treatments, his cough does seem to have improved, but he still has one. The doctor said it should be better by Monday. If he develops a fever we have to go in to see the doctor or ER. If he develops a fever it could be pneumonia the doctor said. Keep your fingers crossed and pray for my little boy.

While I was there, I asked about his eczema too. His legs are really bad right now and I know it is because the cold weather. The doctor gave him some new cream to put on once a day and a lotion to put on after a bath and before bed. Also, the doctor told us to switch bath soaps. We've been using the Johnson and Johnson or Huggies washclothes with soap already in them, but she said those were really bad for drying out the skin. She suggested we switch to Dove Unscented soap. I hope that works. Every night Ryan tells us his legs hurt and it breaks my heart.

2 comments:

Heather Lee said...

I'm so sorry you're going through all that. How long has Ryan had eczema? Davian has it too. At first I tried the cream without doc advice but I think it's beginning to spread to his body. I'm going to maybe call the clinic. It makes me so sad to see him this way.

I hope Ryan starts feeling better and you have a healthy boy!

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.