01 August 2010

Gavin is Here!


This is really late posting, but things have gotten super busy here. I was expecting the baby to come early, instead he decided he wasn't ready. I went to 41 weeks in my pregnancy. Gavin was finally born on July 13th at 2:23am. He was 9lbs 8oz and 22 inches long. He was a BIG boy. We are now home and doing well. Gavin is a sweet and good baby. He's sleeping really good at night and letting me get at least 6 hours of sleep before he wakes up. His brothers are loving him for the most part. Ryan is good with him, always wanting to hold and look at him. Hunter is getting better. At first, he'd grab at his face and now, he's wanting to hold him and touch him, with the occassional grab. Overall, things are going great! I'm able to get out with all 3 by myself and survive!
The other thing we've been up to is the move. We have moved yet again. We are back on base and loving it. The only downfall is that we are in a lot smaller place now. But, it's saving us money and puts us a lot closer to Shawn's work and some of my friends. I like the feeling of security with living on a base. At the old house, we had so many problems with the neighbors and here, it seems like we are going to be happy with the ones we've got. Already, the guy next door came over and invited us to a BBQ at their house next weekend. It's nice to have that common bond with the neighbors, where everyone is military. But, I am sad that one of my close friends on base is moving away soon. She is one of the first military wives I met and actually hung out with the longest. The downside of being a military spouse- saying goodbye to great new friends.
I'll try to get on here to update more, but it's hard now. Shawn goes back to work tomorrow and I'll be a lot more busy. Hopefully, I'll at least get on here after doctor appointments to update on weight and stuff. Wonder how big my little man is going to be! I can see him and my little basketball star!

No comments: