
Everyone is doing well and adjusting to a new
family member. It's hard to believe that Gavin is already a month old. I had to take him to the doctor today because his face and chest are broken out in a rash and bumps. It looks like he is going to have sensitive skin just like Ryan, but worse. The doctor says he has some condition that I can't even say or even try to spell, and he also has a contact allergy to something. I have tons of instructions to follow from the doctor to help calm down the irritation, but it could take up to 6 months to heal. I have to wash all the clothes in the house with a sensitive skin detergent, like our All free and clear. I was just washing his clothes in it, but now everyone has to. Then, I have to vacuum and try to get all the pet hair up because he may have issues with the dog. She suggested that we find a temporary home for the dog. I really don't want to because she's my baby too, but my kids come first. Shawn and I are still discussing what we'll do. It's hard to ask someone to watch such a huge dog. With all that, I have to do a
bath time regimen. 30
mins before a bath, I have to cover him in baby oil and let that sit. Then, I have to use
Selson Blue all over his body and scrub it with a washcloth. Next, I have to give him a bath using Dove Sensitive instead of the Johnson and Johnson. (Ryan still has to use the Dove Sensitive, so we have that already.) After his bath, I have to use
Aveeno Baby all over and keep him in sleepers so he is covered up and not exposed to more stuff. My poor kid! All this time, I was thinking he had baby acne, but it had recently spread down to his chest. It doesn't really seem to bother him much, but the doctor says it can get really itchy.
Ryan will be starting school soon too. I'm super excited. I know it'll be good for him to get out and make some friends. I hope I'm not one of the of mom's that cry like crazy when I drop him off. And, I hope he doesn't cry either. Health wise..Ryan is doing great. He just had a check up with his kidney doctor that said his labs looked good and we won't have to go back for a while. He is also cleared to continue playing sports, so we are signing him up for soccer next week.
Hunter is starting to hit that terrible twos stage. I'm not sure if that is it or if it's because of the new baby. Either way, he's been acting up like crazy. He just had his 18 month check up and everything is fine, but we are going to get his speech checked out. I know he understands what we are saying, but he isn't getting words out like he should. But, I can tell he is going to be like Ryan and love sports. He is a very active child. I think he is more active and wild that Ryan was.
As for me...I have also decided to start selling Pampered Chef and Tupperware. It's my way of making some extra money on the weekends. It'll be going into a
separate account that we have set up to save for our 10 year wedding anniversary. We'd like to go to
Hawaii to renew our vows. Hopefully I can get enough money saved and maybe a little more to fly first class :)
With Shawn, there isn't anything new. Work, work, work :)
No comments:
Post a Comment