
Ryan- Started the year enrolled at Lackland Elementary in the PreK-3 class. He had two amazing teachers, Mrs. Heineman and Mrs. Griggs. I saw my little boy mature a little in their class and blossom intellectually. This fall, since we moved, he had to transfer to Hopkins Elementary, which was my old elementary, except it was Kirby when I was there 20 years ago! Unfortunately, we had to withdraw him from school during Thanksgiving break because we moved to San Angelo. Here, we don't qualify for preK. It makes me sad that he loved school so much and now he has to wait until Fall of 2012 to start back up. Health wise, Ryan had a great year. The kidney doctor said he was looking really good and didn't have to come back for another 5 years. He is cleared for sports, so hopefully he'll start Little League soon.
Hunter- Turned 2! Oh my....Terrible twos were here. He is so stubborn, apparently Shawn says he is just like me. Overall, it was a good year for him, until the end. One week after we arrived in San Angelo (the week after Thanksgiving), he was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. I took him to the emergency room that Sunday, not thinking we'd be there for a week. It was super stressful. My boy baby was super sick, but it was also suppose to be Shawn's first day of work with his new job. Thank God my parents were able to drive to San Angelo to help with the boys so Shawn could at least go into work really really late that day. And luckily, his work was very supportive and understanding of our circumstances. Now, my little boy is back to himself and hyper as always. He's ending this year sippy cup free. Yay!
Gavin- Turned 1! My baby is no longer a baby. Secretly, I still want to try for a little girl, but then I get slapped into reality with these crazy kids. Gavin had a rough start this year. He also had pneumonia and RSV. He didn't have to stay in the hospital though. Not sure if that's because I took him to the doctor and not the emergency room. His doctors had us give him breathing treatments and medicine. We had to go back every other day til he was fine. He was a little trooper. This summer he turned 1 and was already off the bottle. That was nice, no more formula, saved us a bunch. Now if we could only get his eczema under control, he'd be good. Gavin tries to be just like his brothers. He follows them everywhere and tries to play the same way they do. It makes me sad because he's growing up so fast. But, I'm happy that the boys all have someone to play with and at times actually get along while doing it.
Shawn ended his military career this year and started a new job here in San Angelo. No longer in the military he thinks he can grow his hair out, but I wish he'd keep it short and military styled. I'm not used to the hair or new clothes. We have to actually get him dressed in the morning. It was so easy just to put the uniform every day. He knew what he was wearing and didn't have to iron or get an outfit ready. I did have fun buying him new clothes though. Hopefully, with income tax, I'll shop again for him. I like playing fashion consultant, although, I kinda stink at it.
This year was my biggest change-the move. I've never lived outside San Antonio, so this was different. I really like it here in San Angelo. It's just like San Antonio, but no lines or traffic. People here seem really friendly too. Now, that we are finally settled into the house, I can't wait to venture out and explore the town. Supposedly, San Angelo is the "sheep" capital of the world. I am on a mission to find these sheep :)
I look forward to this new year. In August, Shawn and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. It doesn't seem possible, how could it have been this long already! With this anniversary, we are hoping to really celebrate. Not sure how though. We didn't have a wedding, so we want to renew our vows. Right now, we are toying with different ideas. Originally, 10 years ago, we said we would celebrate in Hawaii at Turtle Bay Resort, but financially, it's not happening this year, maybe when we hit 20...So, we are thinking about driving to Vegas for an Elvis wedding or having a ceremony with family and friends in San Antonio. Maybe, I will come across a genie that will grant me my Hawaii trip!!
So, with 7 months 6 days til our anniversary, I have set out on a mission to lose some weight to look good in a dress that special day. I'll be keeping a blog of my journey, maybe that will keep me on track. Tomorrow, I'll have Shawn take a beginning picture of me to start me out. I plan on updating weekly, kinda like Biggest Loser (I love that show).
Bring on 2012!!!
Bring on 2012!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment