27 June 2009

Finally..Time to relax

After waiting nervously for Shawn to pass his PT test, he finally did!!! This means we are planning on re-enlisting in about 2 weeks. It was stressful waiting to see if we were still going to have an income. But, the biggest stress release was knowing that we were keeping our health insurance, especially since Hunter has so many first year doctor appointments and Ryan needs to keep up with his kidney check-ups.

Now, it's time to find a place to live. This part bites!! We have pretty much 3 choices. 1- live with my parents until a house opens up on base. 2- Rent a place near base which seem to cost more for the ones in the better neighborhoods. Or 3- Rent a place in Kirby which are cheaper, but further away. I'm trying to leave it up to Shawn since he is the one that works and also, so he can't blame me for being unhappy where we live. I'm not too sure what I want to do. I'd love to live in Kirby because it's near my parents. It'd be nice to have a babysitter when we need it, instead of, driving 30 mins to them. But, I like the size of some of the houses we've looked at near base. But they ones we like would take all our BAH and we'd have to pay out of pocket for utilities. In Kirby, we'd have lots of money left for Shawn's gas and bills. I don't really feel like staying on base either..It's such a pain for anyone to come visit and I'm tired of dealing with the idiots at the housing office. Although, it'd be nice to have yard service and no utilities to pay for. So there are options, just a difficult decision.

Unfortunately, this all means we have to pack up and clean the house. I am not looking forward to any of that. We have way too much crap! Anyone want to help? :)

No comments: