24 April 2009

It'a All Good

So, I've been keeping a little secret...Hunter was born with concerns about his kidneys. He has mild bilateral hydronephrosis, which is dilation or stretching of the area of kidneys where urine collects that can occur when there is an obstruction of urine flow somewhere along the urinary tract, most often in the upper section. Another cause of hydronephrosis is vesicoureteral reflux, when urine that dwells in the bladder flows back into the ureters and often back into the kidneys. Most mild cases and even some moderate cases may resolve on their own. He's gone through the testing and he does not have reflux, which is great news. The kidney doctor, Dr. Rowe, has said that he no longer is in any concern. He doesn't have to see the doctor for it anymore. We never would have known about it if I hadn't insisted on an extra ultrasound to have the kidneys checked for peace of mind. He is perfectly healthy and it shouldn't affect him at all. So, I am hoping it goes away by the time he is one, which I read is common. But, if not, Dr. Rowe said that he can go to his grave as a very old man with it. He is fine as long as he didn't have the reflux. So, Yay!! He is going to be fine and it is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
This also means that I can have my little girl. I had told myself that if there was something wrong with Hunter's kidneys too, that I was done having kids. I didn't want to risk another child with kidney issues- it's scary as hell. I want a girl so badly now that my sister and Ana have had theirs. Girls have such prettier clothes. I was really surprised with Shawn when I told him about not having more kids if Hunter was sick, he actually protested. This coming from the guy who wanted one kid. Now, he is wanting more?? I know he is wanting a little girl too. I think he is really enjoying the baby stage with Hunter since he missed it with Ryan.
Don't worry...we are wanting to wait a little while until we try for another, that is, if we aren't already pregnant.

No comments: